It's the first official week back after winter break for most of us. This time of year people are ready to get back to a normal schedule, and clean up some habits that may not be serving them. A more regular routine, a New Year goal, saying goodbye to sugar etc. Many of my clients will experience problems with their skin and ask my advice on what can help with this. I have 3 tips that I personally do after the holiday craziness (although it wasn't too crazy this year thanks to Covid)
Some of the complaints I hear of include breaking out, dark circles under the eyes and overall dullness. Below are different actions you can take to bring the life back to your skin!
- Improve Dehydration! A lot of the time when your skin feels dull and lackluster, it is dehydrated. A lot of the time during the holiday break people are consuming more dehydrating foods and drinks (sugar and alcohol for example). Increasing your water and hydrating liquids and cutting back on sugar can help with this.
- Being consistent with topical hydrating products is key. Not using them daily is going to prevent you from getting the best results.
- Over doing the sweets can at times lead to breakouts as well. Not cleansing your skin at night, stress hormones and mask wearing can all lead to acne breakouts. I love to take time in the New Year to up my self care game. Baths with calming music/candle, movement and spending time outside are some of my favorite ways to relax and pamper myself.
- You can add a clay based mask to helps pull impurities out of the skin and help soften it at the same time.
Dark Circles/Puffiness Under the Eye Area:
- This is so common! Many times the holidays can be a time of interrupted sleep and exhaustion. This can especially impact the eye area in a negative way. (There are those who have genetic dark circles, unfortunately there is not much we can do in skin care with this but we can work on the other type.) I love to use my facial Gua Sha on this area, it makes a huge difference! Gently glide the stone under the eye area, the natural coolness of the stone is helpful for the puffiness as well. *I just posted a quick video on instagram if you want to see a visual.
I hope these tips are helpful, if you have questions about a skin concern I didn't address please let me know below! Taking time to treat yourself for an at-home facial like the TREATMENT facial kit is perfect for improving your skin and getting self-care in at the same time, winning!