There is a lot of misinformation about facial serums. In this post we will break down what a facial serum is and why we believe they are the most important step for big changes in the skin.
What is a serum?
- A product that is designed to be loaded with active ingredients with a lighter weight formula. Serums are designed to penetrate deeper into the skin and deliver those ingredients to make a change. They contain vitamins and ingredients designed to treat a specific concern.
Why should you use a serum?
- Serums are effective in targeting a specific skin concern. When a client asks for a product to help with dull skin or hyperpigmentation, the first thing we offer is a serum. We need other products to help our skin as well, but a moisturizer or cleanser is not going to target and treat the concerns as well or as fast.
- A serum is not a bonus product, it is a crucial step in seeing results, especially as our skin ages and we continue to have more concerns.
How do we use a serum?
- Serums are designed to be used as the first step after your toner. We want to apply them on damp skin and underneath a facial oil or moisturizer. Daily application is suggested for the best results.
Which serum should you use?
- In our line we have created two serums that deliver fantastic results. Our BOOST vitamin c complex is a blend of antioxidants and vitamins designed to stimulate collagen and help boost glowing skin.
- UNDO serum is a deeply hydrating powerhouse designed to plump up lackluster skin and help your skin maintain a healthy appearance.
- Depending what your concerns are you can choose 1 or both.
- If you are using both of the serums, apply the BOOST vitamin c complex first.