Having oily skin can be a challenge. Makeup doesn't stay on properly, I've heard clients describe it as makeup sliding off. Also breakouts and clogged pores can be an issue with oily skin.
A few things to note about oily skin:
- Oily Skin is a Skin TYPE- although there are things we can do to manage the oil, it is genetic.
- Hormones and our age play a roll in how much oil our skin produces.
So what can we do about this?
- Avoid harsh/drying products- its seems like a great idea! Because yes, it works, but only for a while. Soon the skin will start to overproduce oil and you'll have dehydration as well.
- Using hydrating products- this doesn't sound like an important step for oily skin! However oily skin needs hydration (water) to keep the skin barrier healthy.
- Regular Exfoliation-This is key to help the skin stay balanced and keeping the oil in check.
- Many people have to use blotting papers to help manage the huge amount of oil that is produced throughout the day.
Favorite Products for OILY SKIN
A toner makes a world of difference when treating oily skin! I like to use a cotton pad with REPAIR toner after removing makeup.